You can translate the question and the replies:

how to join two table columns using like operator with wildcard search

Hi Aall, I have requirement like here. I have two tables first table has a column name is Test which contains data like below Test: SMSReminder Reminder second table has a column called Test1 and data like below Test1 Reminder now I would like to join two tables using above columns select * from Table1 left out join Table2 on Table1.Test like '%Table2.Test1%' but unfortunately this is not working and in joins last part is considering as test instead of column. kindly suggest me on this. Regards
user
04-06-2020 08:10:56 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I am able to perform the left outer join operation and obtain the results successfully by using the join condition like <table1>.<field> = <table2>.<field>. You could modify the query accordingly and execute using the VQL shell of the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool For example: ``` select * from Table1 left outer join Table2 on Table1.Test = Table2.Test1 ``` For more details, you can refer to [Join Operation](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/queries_select_statement/from_clause/join_operation#join-operation) section of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. If you still need help and if you are a valid Support User, you may open a Support Case at the Denodo Support Site and the Support Team will help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-06-2020 07:57:53 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here