You can translate the question and the replies:

Mismatch in arithmetic operation result

Hi all, I am facing an issue for which i can't come up with an explanation. Hopefully I can find some help here in the community. I am pulling up data from SQL server, using multiple tables to create a new field in denodo. I am doing the same in SQL (using select operation to get the required columns and perform operations on the data from those tables). The issue is that the output of both the operationsin SQL and Denodo is different (-2.159086755495321 in SQL and -2.15918157858642 in Denodo, for instance). Anything in particular that I am overlooking?
user
05-06-2020 06:32:37 -0400

1 Answer

Hi The difference in results between Denodo Platform and MS SQL server could be due to many factors. To find the cause of it I would check the execution trace of the query available in the Virtual DataPort Administration tool, which provides information on the operations carried out by the Denodo query engine. This may include details of applied implicit functions, optimization technique, query delegated to the MS SQL server data source, etc. Refer to the section [Execution Trace of a Statement]( https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_derived_views/querying_views/execution_trace_of_a_statement#execution-trace-of-a-statement) for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
08-06-2020 07:41:29 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here