You can translate the question and the replies:

Error while creating Base View with Delimited Files

I'm trying to create a Base View with the information detailed in DEN60EDU0112LAB01 and everything works fine until I select the Create Base View, it gives me an error:*** "There was an error while creating this base view: Column names could not be generated"*** Could you please tell me what can be the problem? I configured the local data route to obtain the files and the tuple pattern is typed as in the example. Another question is if you have some place where I can find the list of all the errors generated in DENODO. Thanks for your help (http://imgur.com/a/9wZmz)
user
27-12-2017 05:44:41 -0500

7 Answers

Hi, I have got this error "There was an error while creating this base view: Column names could not be generated" when I provided the value of the tuple pattern with a regular expression having space at the beginning while creating a base view on top of the Delimited data source. In order to avoid this error, I would remove the space characters at beginning of the regular expression values which is provided as a value for the tuple pattern parameter. I would also check whether the contents of Tuple Pattern having a regular expression defined by the JAVA language. For more information, you can have a look at the section [Delimited File Sources](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/creating_views/importing_data_sources_and_creating_base_views/delimited_file_sources) of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
28-12-2017 03:52:43 -0500
I (and a colleague) have exactly the same issue and to be fair, the answer above doesn't really address the issue. i.e. using the data form the training and the instructions from the training, there is a problem. Can someone suggest how one might read the data for this lab without getting this error? Thanks!
Denodo Team
20-09-2019 10:11:43 -0400
I'm getting the same error following the lab (DEN60EDU0112LAB01)
Denodo Team
20-09-2019 16:43:40 -0400
I'm getting the same error following the lab (DEN60EDU0112LAB01) SOLVED: The Tuple pattern provided in the PDF document that comes with the course does not clearly show a space between "([0-2]+)" and "\(Apache-Coyote..." Once you finish watching the video you are asked to do the lab which provides the Tuple pattern again but this one works. Working Tuple pattern: \[(.+)Z\]\t([0-9\.]+)\t([a-zA-Z ]+)\t([^,]+),([0-2]+) \(Apache-Coyote/1.1: (.+)\) size:(.+)
Denodo Team
20-09-2019 16:52:46 -0400
Hi Team, After putting the Above given tuple pattern : [(.+)Z]\t([0-9.]+)\t([a-zA-Z ]+)\t([^,]+),([0-2]+) (Apache-Coyote/1.1: (.+)) size:(.+) I am still getting the same error. I have followed all the other instruction from the video.
user
20-11-2019 13:26:01 -0500
Hi, I updated the tuple patter as (\[(.+)Z\]\t([0-9\.]+)\t([a-zA-Z ]+)\t([^,]+),([0-2]+) \(Apache-Coyote/1.1: (.+)\) size:(.+)). now i am getting the expected result. hope this will help. thanks, sabin
user
21-11-2019 06:01:58 -0500
Hi, I got the same error during the base view creation, when I have included the value for the tuple pattern with a provided regular expression having space at the beginning and at the end in the data source configuration. The issue got resolved when I used the following tuple pattern as mentioned in the pre-requisites of the DEN60EDU0112LAB01 lab and I was able to create the base view without any error. **\\[(.+)Z\]\t([0-9\.]+)\t([a-zA-Z ]+)\t([^,]+),([0-2]+) \(Apache-Coyote/1.1: (.+)\) size:(.+)** Hence, I would suggest you to remove the unwanted space at the beginning and end of the provided tuple pattern value and utilize the same value for the tuple pattern as mentioned above. Also, ensure that the syntax of these regular expressions is the one defined by the Java language. You can also refer to the [documentation](https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html) of the Java class Pattern lists for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-12-2019 07:41:44 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here