You can translate the question and the replies:

How to access "Description" column from Denodo View Schema into Tableau?

There are 3 columns in the Denodo view SCHEMA- Field name, Field Type & Description. I am trying to access/view "Description" column in Tableau. How can I do that?
user
12-01-2018 13:24:43 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I tried the following to get the column description in Tableau and it worked for me: 1. Create a data source connection to your Denodo database using the Denodo adapter. 2. Select Data Sources->Table->New Custom SQL 3. Enter the following query in the Edit Custom SQL window and click ok: `select * from get_view_columns() where view_name = <view_name>` 4. Now you will be able to view the column description of the view you mentioned in the custom sql under the column name **"column_remarks"**. To know more about get_view_columns stored procedure read the section " [GET_VIEW_COLUMNS](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/get_view_columns#get-view-columns) " of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
16-01-2018 03:44:00 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here