You can translate the question and the replies:

How to add by default values in the base view?

I have added 2 extra columns in the base view in addition to the datasource. I would like to populate these columns with the same default value. For. e.g. Let's say there are 1000 records in the datasource. I have added "Year" column and I would like to poulate Year column with "2018" for all 1000 records. As I can't edit the data source. Please let me know how can I do this?
user
25-02-2018 17:20:54 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, For this scenario, I would use view parameter option in order to provide the default value for a parameter by performing the following steps in Virtual DataPort Administration Tool: 1. Create a selection view on top of the base view by right-clicking the view and navigate to New > Selection option. 1. Click on "Edit" option of the newly created derived view. 1. In the Model tab, click on the pencil icon near to View parameters. 1. Click on Add new parameter, enter the name, type of the parameter. 1. Enter the default value and Click ok. 1. Click on Where conditions and specify the condition as [fieldname] <operator> [parameter]. After doing the above steps I would be able to retrieve the rows based on the default value specified in the view parameter. For more information, you can have a look at the section [Parameters of Derived Views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/creating_views/creating_derived_views/creating_selection_views#parameters-of-derived-views) of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-02-2018 07:48:38 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here