For this scenario, I would use view parameter option in order to provide the default value for a parameter by performing the following steps in Virtual DataPort Administration Tool:
1. Create a selection view on top of the base view by right-clicking the view and navigate to New > Selection option.
1. Click on "Edit" option of the newly created derived view.
1. In the Model tab, click on the pencil icon near to View parameters.
1. Click on Add new parameter, enter the name, type of the parameter.
1. Enter the default value and Click ok.
1. Click on Where conditions and specify the condition as [fieldname] <operator> [parameter].
After doing the above steps I would be able to retrieve the rows based on the default value specified in the view parameter.
For more information, you can have a look at the section [Parameters of Derived Views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/creating_views/creating_derived_views/creating_selection_views#parameters-of-derived-views) of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide.
Hope this helps!