Custom Function Class Name

We need to built Custom function to get AWS Authorization Request Header . Before implementing custom function thought of check how the custom function need to be configured in denodo I have created Jar file out of Concat_SampleVdpFunction.java . I was able to create in the JAR management as well . My question is , what should be the class name for this function (during the creation of data source and custom option) Java Code package com.denodo.vdp.demo.function.custom; import com.denodo.common.custom.annotations.CustomElement; import com.denodo.common.custom.annotations.CustomElementType; import com.denodo.common.custom.annotations.CustomExecutor; @CustomElement(type = CustomElementType.VDPFUNCTION, name = "CONCAT_SAMPLE") public class Concat_SampleVdpFunction { @CustomExecutor(syntax = "CONCAT_SAMPLE(String str_1, String str_2 ... String str_n): String") public String concat_sample(String... input) { StringBuilder result = new StringBuilder(); if (input != null) { for (String str : input) { if (str == null) { return null; } else { result.append(str); } } } else { return null; } return result.toString(); } }
user
04-03-2018 23:07:02 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, The example you are using as reference is [creating custom functions with annotations](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/developer/developing_extensions/developing_custom_functions/creating_custom_functions_with_annotations), so the name of the class is not relevant in this case. This is the way I strongly recommend to develop custom functions. However, you can as well [create custom functions using name conventions](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/developer/developing_extensions/developing_custom_functions/creating_custom_functions_using_name_conventions) so here you should take into account the class name. As you can see in the previous link, in this case the name of the class should follow two rules: * **<FunctionName>VdpFunction** for condition functions * **<FunctionName>VdpAggregateFunction** for aggregation functions Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-03-2018 10:11:18 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here