Attribute level business metadata

We have a external metadata repository with all of our business definitions. We assign a business definition to every field in the database/rest service etc. Is it possible to bulk import field descriptions from external sources? Can it be extended to have additional custom attributes e.g. as well as description add an additional custom field for person identifiable (PI) indicator, for example for displaying to end users via Information Self-Service (ISS)?
user
05-03-2018 13:02:21 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I was able to obtain large descriptions for the respective fields in Virtual DataPort server from the JDBC databases automatically while creating a base view. To add the description of the fields for any particular view, I would follow the below steps: * Edit the corresponding view by clicking on ‘Edit’ button. * Click on the pencil icon corresponding to the Description field. * Either I could edit the description or load a file for the field. * Finally, save the view for changes to take effect. The changes made in Virtual DataPort Administration tool will be reflected in the Information Self Service Tool, after performing a refresh. Whereas it is possible to project only Field Name, Description and Type Name of the fields for a view in Information Self Service Tool. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
09-03-2018 07:16:21 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here