You can translate the question and the replies:

Pivoting Denodo View Results

I have a SQL server procedure that pivots a table with unknown number of rows and these number of rows can be dynamic and change throughout the day; I have created a view to replace the sql server table but now I need to replicate or replace the stored procedure that does the pivoting, the rows I want to pivot also have names like Chemicals.ABC.STUFF_AND_THINGS. How can I replicate sql server pivot function and have a view consumable by an excel spreadsheet? I read up on pivoting/unpivoting but that is for static rows and saw one of the QA for dynamic columns names generated from a pivot, can I create a custom wrapper for a denodo view?
user
08-03-2018 11:00:59 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I have used the ["Pivot and Unpivot instructions"](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/How%20to%20Pivot%20and%20Unpivot%20views?category=Combining+Data) and it worked fine for static pivoting. But take into account that the schema of a view cannot be dynamic. You could create a custom wrapper to pivot the rows of a view, but this isn't going to be dynamic because you would need to do a "Source refresh" of the view in order to update the view schema. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
12-03-2018 09:12:32 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here