You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo Monitor - load connections log file data to table

Hi Team, As we can direct the data of query log files to table in database. Can we direct the data of connections log files to table in database ? Please suggest. I am using sql server, and successfully loading query log files data to request notification table. But wish to load connections log file data as well. Thanks.
user
01-09-2017 03:53:56 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I would perform the following steps to load the connection log file in MS SQL Server: * Create a Custom Data Source with Log Custom Wrapper. * Create a base view providing the details of wrapper parameter values to import the connection log file. * Create a VDP job in Scheduler to extract the data from Virtual DataPort. * Use “SQL exporter functionality” in the Scheduler  to export it to your MS SQL Server database. You could refer the section [Postprocessing Section (Exporters)](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/configuring_new_jobs/postprocessing_section_exporters#postprocessing-section-exporters://) in the Scheduler Administration Guide for more information on exporting the log files using Scheduler and Knowledge base article [Reading the VDP logs with Denodo Log Custom Wrapper](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Reading%20the%20VDP%20logs%20with%20Denodo%20Log%20Custom%20Wrapper?category=Custom+Elements://) related to Log Custom Wrapper Hope this helps you.
Denodo Team
01-09-2017 10:05:15 -0400
Hi Team, Thanks for replyimg. I will try this. Though as we have vdpqueries log file statements, to load data to sql server. Can same be replicated for vdpconnections ? I mean like: vdpconnections.jdbc.agent.enable = true . . . and so on (sql server database server details and insert statements etc) Thanks.
user
03-09-2017 23:21:09 -0400
Hi, You cannot use the property ‘vdp connections.jdbc.agent.enable = true’ because, the parameters defined in Denodo Monitor Configuration.properties files are predefined. As mentioned in my previous comment, I would suggest you to use the Log Custom Wrapper to load connection log files into MS SQL Server. Hope this helps you.
Denodo Team
12-09-2017 08:15:48 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here