You can translate the question and the replies:

Python JDBC access to Denodo

Hi, I have been trying connect our Denodo Server via python, I have been trying from windows and now from MacOs Mojave. I have read other JAYDEBE API posts, which basically Denodo Support team didn't/couldn't help. My code is below ------ user = #### pasw = #### path = 'jdbc:vdb://<host>:<port>/<db> conn = jaydebeapi.connect("com.denodo.vdp.jdbc.Driver", path, [user, pasw], "~/Documents/denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar") curs = conn.cursor() curs.execute('select * from <table1>') curs.fetchall() ------- The error I'm getting and can't solve is: java.lang.RuntimeExceptionPyRaisable: java.lang.RuntimeException: Class com.denodo.vdp.jdbc.Driver not found I couldn't find the reason or solution to that. - I have tried writing the whole path, different paths in both Win and Mac environment. Now, I'm solely concerned about Mac Environment. I have downloaded latest jdbc driver. If you have a solution please let me know. Thanks
user
19-11-2019 10:14:38 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, This error occurs when the Python was not able to find a JDBC client driver. So, when I connect to Virtual DataPort from Python, I would ensure the following, * Choose the “denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar” located in the folder **<DENODO_HOME>\tools\client-drivers\jdbc.** * Check whether the RMI host of Virtual DataPort Server is “localhost” or IP address by navigating to “Configure > JVM Options > RMI host” and the Virtual DataPort server is running. If these details are provided correctly in the configuration of Python, then you will be able to connect to Virtual DataPort. For more information, you can refer to the [Access Through JDBC](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/developer/access_through_jdbc/access_through_jdbc) section of the Virtual DataPort Developer Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
20-11-2019 06:50:00 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here