You can translate the question and the replies:

Column precision error for decimals

I'm getting below error when I execute my final view. This view contain more then 130 columns which I've made change for 'Decimals' Is there a way I can find that specific column because of which I'm getting this error. ``` Finished with error: Error executing query. Total time 4.345 seconds. FV_L2_LOAN [VIRTUAL] [ERROR] FV_L2_LOAN [JDBC WRAPPER] [ERROR] FV_L2_LOAN#0 [JDBC ROUTE] [ERROR] Received exception with message 'ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allowed for this column' ```
user
25-11-2019 16:56:30 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, It seems that here you are dealing with a SQL problem down at the Oracle data source level and Denodo is just reporting the error. What I would do to try tracking this is to go to the [Execution Trace](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/appendix/execution_trace_information/execution_trace_information) and at the lowest level click on the data source node. On the right I would be able to see the SQL sentence that Denodo is executing at the Data Source. I would then use this query to work directly in the data source and try to identify the column that gives trouble. This is an SQL error reporting from your Oracle data source. Denodo in this case is just retrieving that error and showing it to you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-11-2019 14:15:53 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here