You can translate the question and the replies:

Timestamp Issue

Hi, During our PoC with Denodo, we faced some issues related with Timestamp-NTZ and Timestamp-LTZ column types. When we include these fields in Base View (or SQL based Base View) columns are mismatching. Basically, denodo cannot determine the column(s) in these timestamp types. When we remove these fields or used another source table without any kind of timestamps, it is working fine. **Database**: Snowflake **Denodo VDP**: 7.0 20190903 **Admin Tool**: 7.0 **Snowflake jdbc driver**: 3.9.2 I would like to hear from you soon. Thanks
user
20-12-2019 07:23:48 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I'm not sure if you are experiencing an error or if the column types are just not as expected, but I was able to create base views with TIMESTAMP_NTZ and TIMESTAMP_LTZ data types on the same Virtual DataPort update as you ("denodo-v70-update-20190903") using the default Snowflake JDBC driver. I've included my base view's VQL below so that you can see the mappings done by the wrapper: ``` ntz = 'NTZ' :'java.time.LocalDateTime' (OPT) (sourcetypedecimals='9', sourcetypesize='0', description='', sourcetypeid='93', sourcetypename='TIMESTAMPNTZ') SORTABLE, ltz = 'LTZ' :'java.time.OffsetDateTime' (OPT) (sourcetypedecimals='9', sourcetypesize='0', description='', sourcetypeid='93', sourcetypename='TIMESTAMPLTZ') NOT SORTABLE ``` In Virtual DataPort, TIMESTAMP_NTZ becomes TIMESTAMP, and TIMESTAMP_LTZ becomes TIMESTAMPTZ. If you would like to convert those data types to something else, you can always do so. You can read more about timestamp data types and how to convert them in the [Data Types for Dates, Timestamps and Intervals](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/language_for_defining_and_processing_data_vql/data_types/data_types_for_dates_timestamps_and_intervals) section of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-12-2019 17:40:21 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here