You can translate the question and the replies:

Service Account as a Data Base Login account ?

Can I use the same Service Account which has used to install as a Data Base Login ? In that case, what kind of access Service Account needed to connect to Data Base ?
user
22-01-2020 14:15:40 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I assume you are talking about using the service account used to install Denodo Platform to login into the Denodo Virtual Database. On the above said assumption, the Service Account used to install the Denodo platform is specific to operating system (say a Windows service account or a Linux service account). Once Denodo platform is installed, by default a Denodo specific local service account with the name “**admin**” would be created for logging into Denodo Platform. This id is used as first step to login to the Denodo Platform for making the intended configurations. If your enterprise is governed by security entitlements say LDAP, then probably you can use same service account for installation and login if the below conditions were met. 1. Your Service account (domain id) have the necessary privileges to install Denodo Platform to begin with, 1. And within the Denodo Platform, if you configure Authentication to be handled via the same LDAP- then your Service account (domain id) is defined with the necessary roles (both in the Denodo Platform and in the LDAP) to enable access to the Virtual Database. Another way to go about is by using Kerberos authentication along with your LDAP. I recommend you to read through [Setting-up Kerberos Authentication](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/platform/installation/postinstallation_tasks/postinstallation_tasks_in_virtual_dataport/setting-up_kerberos_authentication) section of the Denodo Platform Installation Guide for detailed steps on configuration. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
23-01-2020 05:28:38 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here