You can translate the question and the replies:

Reading unformatted values from a XLS file

Hi, connecting to a XLS file, I am able to read all the content I wish. But the fact is that DENODO seems to read the formatted values from the cells (visible reading the XLS through Excel), not the actual values stored in it. Example : if a cell contains 3,5176737839 and a format is applied, in Excel, showing only 3 decimals (3,518), DENODO retrieves 3,518 and not 3,5176737839. Is this the expected behavior ? How do I read the raw content of a XLS cell ? Thanks for your support, Eric CHENE
user
30-01-2020 09:41:38 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, Virtual DataPort tries to get the formatted data from the excel when you create a base view. In order to get the unformatted value, I would do the following: * Go to the edit tab of the base view. * Choose the particular field and change the datatype of the field to **decimal** * Also, click the pencil icon next to the field and specify the source type properties of the field to **decimal** * Save and execute the view to get the expected result. For more information, refer to the section [Source Type Properties](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/viewing_the_schema_of_a_base_view/viewing_the_schema_of_a_base_view#source-type-properties) of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide and [Data Types](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/language_for_defining_and_processing_data_vql/data_types/data_types#data-types) of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
31-01-2020 07:40:11 -0500
Hi, tried your solution but this does not work : the only thing it does is taking the face value and converts it to a decimal value = no reading of full content of the cell. Same behavior as mentioned in original message. Thanks for any other hint
user
14-02-2020 05:51:20 -0500
Hi, I tried the above-mentioned steps with the latest update installed over the Virtual DataPort. When executing the view, I was able to get the entire value rather than the formatted one. If you are a valid support user, I would suggest you raise a support ticket so that our Support Team can help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
21-02-2020 07:47:36 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here