You can translate the question and the replies:

Getting IO Error when i add new Data source - Oracle 11g in the Denodo Virtual Data port tool

When i am trying to connect to a Data source - Oracle 11g i am getting below error in the Denodo Virtual Data port tool Unable to establish connection: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection I am giving the Info as Data base Adapter: Oracle 11g Driver class: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver DATABASE URI: jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe
user
04-02-2020 01:02:49 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, I got this error many times when the JDBC URL is incorrect. Ensure that you have access to the Oracle database and the credentials are correct. Also, if you are using the Denodo Virtual Machine to do the labs, then ensure that you should use the IP of the VM as the host name in the JDBC URI and not the localhost. From the Virtual Machine, I would execute the command "ip addr" to know the internal IP of the machine and then use it to connect to oracle data source. For more information, refer to module Configuration Tasks of the on-demand course. You could also refer to the similar community question [here](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g000000Xew1AAC&title=Unable+to+establish+connection+to+Oracle+11G) Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-02-2020 06:54:55 -0500
I am providing the JDBC URI with correct ionformation 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.100.4:1521:xe' I executed the command “ip addr” and got internal IP of the machine (192.168.100.4) and then i used it to connect to oracle data source. I am giving correct user and password. But still i am getting the error: "Unable to connect to the database: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection" Please help in this regard as i am unable to do any labs due to this issue
user
10-02-2020 13:28:58 -0500
Hi, In this scenario, as the IP address and the user credentials are right I would try to check the status of the Oracle database running in the Virtual Machine. I would do execute the following command as root user in the Virtual Machine * service oracle-xe status If the service is not starting then it could be because there is not enough memory assigned to the Virtual Machine in VirtualBox, please ensure that you have the recommended settings for the virtual machine as mentioned in the VM user manual. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-02-2020 07:49:44 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here