You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo Parameter Error - without search methods

I created a view with a parameter. If there is specific value typed into that parameter the view processes just fine. However, I need the parameter field to be blank, so when you open the view the end user has the option to type in the parameter they are specifically looking for. Now, the problem is that it only works great within the original/MAIN view. Unfortunatly, the main view is just the first piece of the puzzle, the view has to be used in conjunction with other views (there is a downstream) to complete the true data collection. I have two other views that use this MAIN view and they will not run. I get this error: Finished with error: No search methods ready to be run: view 'iv_Procurable_Dates_FINAL_Date_JOIN' without search methods Any help will be greatly appreciated. How do I get the downstream views to the see the parameter? Thank you!
user
14-02-2020 17:26:55 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I came across the same error when I created an interface view over the base view without including the obligatory parameter in the view schema. In order to resolve this, I checked the created interface view and found that the field that is obligatory in the base view is removed in the interface view. So, I added the field and implemented it correctly, now I can bypass and execute the view without errors. You could ensure that the view created upon the base view has obligatory fields defined in the schema. For more information, you can have a look at the sections [Search Methods](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/creating_views/advanced_configuration_of_views/query_capabilities#search-methods) and [Creating Interface Views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_derived_views/creating_interface_views/creating_interface_views#creating-interface-views) of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
18-02-2020 05:35:01 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here