You can translate the question and the replies:

Base view records deletion

We have two base views base view 1 : temp_del Name , age base view 2 : temp_del_2 Name , age I want to delete some records in base view 2 (MSSQL) using the below query. delete from temp_del_2 where name not in (select name from temp_del) It results in the below error **Error executing sentence: The update condition is non-delegable.** But when I run the below query delete from temp_del_2 where name not in ('John') The record gets deleted in base view. Please advise.
user
17-02-2020 05:51:23 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, Denodo is flexible and it offers a way to develop custom stored procedures for implementing the functions that are not available in Denodo. For this scenario, I would follow the below steps to develop a custom stored procedure: * I would pass the input query as the input parameter of the stored procedure. * It would parse it into the main query and the subquery. * Now, the “Subquery” will be executed in the Virtual DataPort. * The Resultset of the subquery is stored in a variable and then the main query(Delete from…) is iterated the number of rows that are part of the resultset. You can refer to [Developing Stored Procedures](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/developer/developing_extensions/developing_stored_procedures/developing_stored_procedures) under ‘Developing extensions’ of the Virtual DataPort Developer Guide. An enhancement to overcome this limitation is already in Denodo’s roadmap. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-02-2020 04:58:03 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here