You can translate the question and the replies:

Metadata limits

Hi, I have been checking through the documentation but have not be able to find the information. Are there any limits on the number of databases / views that can be put on a Denodo server? I am pretty sure I have heard in some presentation that there is no hard limit, but can we expect performance degradation at some point. I was thinking about loading objects in the admin tool. Does anyone have feedback on this? Thanks in advance
user
18-02-2020 05:54:10 -0500

1 Answer

Hi! As you mention there are not hard limits. Regarding the number of views you can create, my understanding is that the limit should be the number of elements that you can create in a Derby database (the maximum table size is approximately 2**64) https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javadb/overview/faqs-jsp-156714.html#5q1 Performance impact might occur from the client management. i.e. Visualizing millions of views graphically at the same time, might require a lot of memory. If you organize them in different databases, this will reduce the number of views to be displayed. Additionally, you can increse the Memory Heap size assigned to the VDP Administration Tool. Also, Denodo 7.0 update 20190903 introduced several general enhancements in metadata management for some extreme scenarios. Optimizing the performance of metadata operations when dealing with very large views, with thousands of intermediate nodes and thousands of columns. In my experience, I witnessed Denodo successfully managing thousands of views, with derived views with thousands of dependencies and thousands of columns, loading extremely complex tree views and execution traces. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
19-02-2020 13:28:43 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here