You can translate the question and the replies:

How can I get the number of threads used by a job or a view?

Hi Support Team, we are currently suffering performance issues running several jobs in parallel. After that, we have executed job one by one, and one of them it's failing, with next issue: Error executing query. Total time 476.963 seconds. Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results Incomplete results BV_xxx [BASE] [TOO_MANY_WORKS_TIMEOUT] Work 'Access(92401)-23-01.04-project.BV_xxx' can't be executed: Timeout while waiting for an object (checkout) baseview [DF WRAPPER] [PROCESSING] As this seems to be a performance issue related to the number of threads, which is currently set as 300 (by default), how can I know how many threads were occupied at the execution time? Can we increase the "Maximum number of threads" ? Which will be the new value for this parameter, according to your expertise? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!
user
24-02-2020 06:57:20 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, In Virtual DataPort server, the default value of Maximum number of thread size is '**300**' and in Denodo Scheduler, the default value of Maximum number of thread size is '**60**'. Based on my requirement, I was able to modify this **Thread Pool** settings by perform the following. In Virtual DataPort Administration Tool, navigate to "**Administration > Server configuration > Threads poo**l" and modify the maximum number of threads values. In Scheduler Administration Tool, navigate to "**Configuration > Server Configuration > Edit thread pools**" and modify the maximum number of threads value. For more details, you could refer the [Threads pool](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/server_administration_-_configuring_the_server/threads_pool/threads_pool) section of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Further, I was able to find the number of threads used by each active query in real time by following the below steps in Diagnostic and Monitoring Tool: * Start and open the Diagnostic and Monitoring web Tool which is available at Denodo Platform Control Center. * Right-click on **Home** button on the right side and click on **New Server** option. * In the New Server window, provide the appropriate server configuration details and click on **Create** Button. * Double click on the created server and then click on **Requests** Tab. * In the request tab, you could find the processing query under **VQL Query** column. * Right click on the query under VQL Query column and then click on **show threads** option. On following the above steps, I was able to find the list of threads used by active query. For more details, you can refer to [Monitoring - Requests](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/dmt/monitoring/monitoring_servers/monitoring_requests#monitoring-requests) section in the Diagnostic & Monitoring Tool Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-02-2020 07:09:31 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here