You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo cache storing at external DB

Please I want to ask if I can store denodo cache at external database ( as mysql or other) ?
user
08-03-2020 09:07:25 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, Yes, it is in fact strongly recommended to use an external database management system rather than the default Apache Derby database which is embedded in Virtual DataPort since the performance when querying the cache database will be better. In order to achieve this follow these steps: 1. Click on the menu Server configuration > Administration, then click on the Cache tab. 2. On the General Settings tab, make sure that the Cache status is set to on to enable the cache engine. 3. Click on the Connection tab and then choose the type of the database management system which you want to use as cache under Database adapter option., i.e MySQL 5 4. For Driver class path, choose the path to the jar file containing the JDBC driver. If the driver is not included in the Denodo Platform, you have to download it from the vendor’s website. For more information on how to set up the other options under the Connection tab in Cache configuration, you can see the [Configuring the Cache](http://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/server_administration_-_configuring_the_server/configuring_the_cache/configuring_the_cache) article in the Knowledge Base. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
09-03-2020 12:04:09 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here