You can translate the question and the replies:

Connect to Oracle database with JDBC

I am new to the VDP and having an issue connecting an Oracle database. I have no issues connecting via ODBC in my other environment using the following credentials: **TNS Service Name: **ABC123.COMPANY.COM with my user ID and password defined (driver is 12Home1) jdbc:oracle:thin:@COMPANY.COM:1521:ABC123 with my same user ID and password defined. (driver is 12c) it spins for about 2 mintues and then comes back with this error: Unable to establish connection: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection I know the format should be like this: • jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:<port>:<service name> or • jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:<port>:<sid> However, I am not sure what my Host name actually would be and if I am using the proper port for this conneciton. Thanks for any help. Adam
user
12-04-2020 22:31:14 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, You are right that the connection URI should be in that format The default port for Oracle database is indeed 1521. Based on the error: *Unable to establish connection: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection*, it could mean that the host or the database you are connecting to may be incorrect. You could try to replace the host parameter with the IP address of the server, as sometimes it could mean that the DNS is not resolving the hostname to the server's IP, so setting IP address would overcome this. You could also try to telnet to the IP address and port 1521 to check if its accessible. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
14-04-2020 00:10:19 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here