You can translate the question and the replies:

About Access to view vql of derived views

Some one of my team wants to exexcute one derived views that I created, and he also wants to have the read access of that derived views's vql. I grant "metedata", "execute" access of this derived view to him, I think it is the read access we mentioned in VDP side. But he still cannot see the vql of that derived view. And then I grant read access for the base views of this dervide views to him also, he still cannot see this derived view's vql. Does the read access of derived view's vql needs must be the write access of this derived view?
user
23-04-2020 10:25:39 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, You are correct, in order to see the VQL of your derived views, you will need to grant the ‘Metadata’, ‘Execute’ and ‘Write’ Privileges to the derived view. You will also need to grant ‘Metadata’, ‘Execute’ to the underlying base views. More information about this privilege can be found in the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide section on [Write Privilege](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport#write-privilege). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-04-2020 13:35:51 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here