You can translate the question and the replies:

About Access to view vql of derived views

Some one of my team wants to exexcute one derived views that I created, and he also wants to have the read access of that derived views's vql. I grant "metedata", "execute" access of this derived view to him, I think it is the read access we mentioned in VDP side. But he still cannot see the vql of that derived view. And then I grant read access for the base views of this dervide views to him also, he still cannot see this derived view's vql. Does the read access of derived view's vql needs must be the write access of this derived view?
user
23-04-2020 10:25:39 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, You are correct, in order to see the VQL of your derived views, you will need to grant the ‘Metadata’, ‘Execute’ and ‘Write’ Privileges to the derived view. You will also need to grant ‘Metadata’, ‘Execute’ to the underlying base views. More information about this privilege can be found in the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide section on [Write Privilege](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport#write-privilege). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-04-2020 13:35:51 -0400
Is there any other way supported at the moment to allow users to see view definition of views (VQL) without having to give them Write Privileges. We want user to be able to just see the definition not able to modify the view. Any predefined stored procedures that can generate VQL /definition of the derived view just like base view vql can be generated using this procedure • GENERATE_VQL_TO_CREATE_JDBC_BASE_VIEW
user
24-09-2021 11:22:45 -0400
Hi, I can only give a user access to see the VQL of a view by giving them 'Write' privileges. There is the ‘DESC’ statement which allows me to obtain the VQL description of elements in the Virtual DataPort server for example: 'DESC VQL VIEW V'. It too, however, requires ‘Write’ privileges to view the VQL. For an overview of the ‘DESC’ statement, please check out the [Describing Catalog Elements](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/vql/describing_catalog_elements/describing_catalog_elements) section of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
07-10-2021 19:45:17 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here