You can translate the question and the replies:

Cron expression with linked jobs

I have multiple linked jobs, and I would like to add a cron expression. If I start the jobs manually I launched executing "Start with dependecies" in the last job, but If I want to add a cron expresion, I need to add the cron expresion in all the jobs. Is there a way to include only the cron expresion in the last job? Beause I have more than 50 linked jobs and if I want to update the cron I need to update all the jobs.
user
27-04-2020 08:54:51 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I have found when configuring jobs with dependencies, I can schedule the triggers for the jobs to run in chronological order. It requires me to set up a cron expression for each job in the Scheduler Administration Tool. I did this by: 1. Setting up the first job to run at a specified time 2. Setting up the next job to run every minute via cron expression, dependent on the first job 3. Repeat #2 for N number of jobs The first job will be in a State of NOT_RUNNING and the dependent jobs will be in a State of WAITING. The first job will run at the specified time, and the subsequent jobs will run afterwards. If you want the last job to run at a specific time, you’ll need to have an approximate time of how long all the jobs will take to run, and plan the first jobs start time accordingly. Be aware if you have any timeouts or errors in jobs, you can handle them by configuring these settings in the Triggers Section of the Scheduler Server. You can find more information in the Scheduler Administration Guide in the section [Dependencies Among Jobs](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/configuring_new_jobs/dependencies_among_jobs#dependencies-among-jobs). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
29-04-2020 13:55:42 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here