You can translate the question and the replies:

Throwing Error in VDP Job Query in Scheduler

Hello, I am working on creating a job inside of Denodo Scheduler that will throw error if a specfic condition is false. Example: CASE WHEN(foo < bar) THEN [throw error] ELSE [keep going]. The reason I am doing this is because I need this job to be able to retry if the error is thrown using the Retry Section in job. This function should be comparable with SQL's RAISE ERROR command. Please advise, Nate

1 Answer

Hi, For this scenario, I would create a custom stored procedure that meets the requirement to throw an error when you want. Then, in the Scheduler Administration tool exporter section, you will need to call the stored procedure. For example: call <custom_stored_procedure> Then, enable retry by selecting the option "Only queries which return an error" in the Scheduler job. You can refer to the official documentation on [Developing Stored Procedures](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/developer/developing_extensions/developing_stored_procedures/developing_stored_procedures) from Virtual DataPort Developer Guide. Also, you can refer to the sample stored procedures and their source code located in the following path: <DENODO_HOME>/samples/vdp/storedProcedures Hope this helps you!
Denodo Team
27-07-2017 08:21:32 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here