You can translate the question and the replies:

Unable to cache some views

I am trying to cache on Service Views Layer (14 Service Views). In the scheduler, I created VDPCahce jobs for every individual service view. After starting those jobs, I started the monitoring tool to see the status of caching. After 3 hours, 6 of the jobs were successfully completed, but 8 of the jobs are still saying Num Rows Received is 0. I left them as it is for 1 day and the monitoring still shows the Num Rows Received is 0. I went back to VDP and verified the settings for each serivce view. All of them are having Full Cahe mode and Never Expire. I don't see any difference between the settings of each individual service view. I didn't found anything even in the logs. Please let me know why the caching is not getting started for 8 Service Views but only for 6 of them. Thank you.
user
13-08-2017 12:01:30 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, If I had to encounter this situation in my Denodo Scheduler then I would perform the following checks, 1. I would check if the VDPCache for the 8 jobs in question are in "complete" status? If yes, be sure to set a query that will update data in your cache data source. 2. I would check if "Maximum number of concurrent iterations" in the Scheduler data source used by the VDPCache. It must have an appropriate value to support 14 cache refresh queries to be executed in parallel. 3. Also I would check the context clause parameters to load the cache. For example: add context clause 'waitforcacheload' = 'true' to ensure the process is finished before you execute additional queries. To know more information about the VDPCache jobs, you can check the section [VDPCache Extraction Section](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/configuring_new_jobs/vdpcache_extraction_section) from Scheduler Administration Guide. Hope this helps you!
Denodo Team
14-08-2017 09:24:58 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here