Error obtaining VQL in base views. Missing read privilege on the wrapper

Hi, I have read and write privilege on a virtual database. For the base views when I click the VQL tab to see the VQL associated with the view I am getting an error as below: ** Error obtaining vql: The user does not have READ privileges on the wrapper 'bv_baseview_name'** I am not facing the same issue for anyother derived view. Can you please help me to resolve this error. Regards, Sachi
user
22-08-2017 17:57:36 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, To see the VQL of wrapper in Virtual DataPort you need admin privileges or you need to be the owner of this base view. As the wrapper VQL is shown when checking a base view, this is the reason that you only can see the VQL of the derived views. You need admin privileges or you need to be the owner of the base view in order to see the VQL of this base view in a virtual database. I suggest you to see the section [Types of access rights](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport#types-of-access-rights) from Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps you!
Denodo Team
23-08-2017 08:37:10 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here