I would suggest you to install the Solution Manager first and then go for the Denodo platform. I believe you are going to use a Linux environment (Non-GUI) so,
1. Install the[ Solution Manager](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/solution_manager/installation/using_the_command_line_installer/using_the_command_line_installer#using-the-command-line-installer) by using the Command Line Installer.
1. Move the license file into** <SOLUTION_MANAGER_HOME>/conf ** directory.
1. Launch the [Solution Manager components](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/solution_manager/administration/launching_the_solution_manager_components/launching_the_solution_manager_components).
1. Install the Denodo platform by [Using the Command Line Installer](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/platform/installation/using_the_command_line_installer/using_the_command_line_installer#using-the-command-line-installer)
1. Start the license manager server
1. Launch and login into the solution manager administration tool. Create the corresponding environment, cluster and register the Virtual Dataport server in the environment. For more information, you can refer to Denodo [Solution Manager: First Steps](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Denodo%20Solution%20Manager:%20First%20Steps?category=Best+Practices) knowledge base article.
1. After doing the above step launch the Denodo Platform
1. After launching the Denodo platform, it will obtain the license from the license manager server. You can then start the Virtual Dataport Server.
Hope this Helps!