You can translate the question and the replies:

GridGain

Hi, I'm trying to connect gridgain to denodo to use it as a cache but at the moment I'm going to save myself from this error: "Operation completed with errors: Error saving cache settings: error updating data source: null". Has anyone tried to use gridgain in this way successfully? Or does anyone know how to solve this error? Thank you so much
user
10-05-2019 09:45:58 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, Here is the list of supported databases in Denodo https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/appendix/supported_jdbc_data_sources/supported_jdbc_data_sources As GridGain is not a supported database in denodo platform, you’ll have to use a Generic Adapter to configure it as a cache database. For configuring generic adapter as cache you’ll have to customize the cacheConfig XML located at <DENODO_HOME>/conf/vdp/cacheConfig-generic.xml or <DENODO_HOME>/conf/vdp/cacheConfig-generic-unicode.xml if the UTF-8 data types checkbox is checked. You can refer to this document here for generic support for other databases. I had tried configuring the XML but it seemed to be complex, I found some challenges, for example, GridGain has constraints of having at least one primary key and at least one non-primary key in each table, when creating a cache denodo creates some internal cache tables which have no primary keys and some have no non-primary key. This makes the configuration complex. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
16-05-2019 13:04:33 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here