How to use Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (MS Driver) to connect to SQL Server with Windows Authentication (not SQL Server Authentication)

I am unable to configure SQL Server as a Data Source using the "Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (MS Driver)" as the Database Adapater where the user is a Windows Authenticated user (i.e., not a SQL Server Authenticated user) but without having to setup Kerberos. How should I define the URI? As comparison, I am able to use the "Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (JTDS)" as the Database Adapter to connect to SQL Server with Windows Authenticated user by defining the URI in the following fashion: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://HOST.COMPANY.COM:1433;databaseName=DATABASE;useNTLMv2=true;domain=DOMAIN Thanks
user
02-06-2019 09:46:56 -0400

2 Answers

Hi, I was able to use Microsoft SQL Server 2016** (MS driver)** to connect to SQL Server with Windows Authenticated user by performing the steps mentioned in the ‘**using the Microsoft JDBC driver**’ section of [Accessing MS SQL Server using Windows Authentication](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Accessing%20MS%20SQL%20Server%20using%20Windows%20Authentication?category=Security) knowledge base article. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
04-06-2019 07:45:09 -0400
I found the answer: Denodo cannot use MS Driver for SQL Server on Linux platform and have AD Authentication enabled. Only the JTDS can do the AD Authentication when on Linux platform.
user
12-06-2019 12:04:53 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here