How to display three different tables(views) in a REST?

In our organization we are working in deploying a REST service, so I want to get three different tables by executing three different SQL SELECT statements in a single REST, but I was able to do REST for single view (i-e) for single SELECT statement, also I am able to do JOIN and UNION operations on those three SQLs and generate a single table but What I exactly need is to execute those three SELECT SQL statements and display three different tables...... Is there any specific way I could do this? Please help me team denodo
user
17-06-2019 11:09:04 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, In this scenario, I would suggest you to create a web service and select the required views in new web service window under the ‘resources’ tab (you can add multiple views by dragging a view to the web service window). After selecting the available representations and deploying the web service, you will be able to see the names of the views which you selected while creating the web service. By clicking on the name of the view, you will be able to query a view individually in a single web service. Please refer to the VDP Admin Guide’s section [Publishing REST web services](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/publication_of_web_services/publishing_rest_web_services/publishing_rest_web_services) for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
18-06-2019 17:46:11 -0400
Thank you so much for the help. But instead of clicking on each view individually in a single web service I would like to have everything under one url (i.e) execute all the three SELECT statements in a single view. Is that possible?
user
 Edited on: 12-07-2019 13:20:44 -0400
Hi, The REST principles doesn’t allows to create this type of view and Denodo follows REST principles. Please follow the VDP VQL guide on [RESTful Architecture](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/restful_architecture/restful_architecture) for more information. As a workaround, I created a UNION view and created arrays in the output column of the two views using nest() function. After publishing the derived view as a REST web service, I could the two arrays (containing columns of each view) in a single page. You can also publish the output in JSON format to see all data in one view. Not sure if that suits your needs. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-06-2019 17:56:32 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here