You can translate the question and the replies:

Does Denodo support environment variables and/or environment.property file?

I have a custom stored procedure which needs to access a keystore file stored on the environment filesystem. This location depends on the environment itself (dev, tst, prd). I have a derived view, which is a join between this custom Stored Procedure and a base view from an XML Data Source (the output parameter value of the custom Stored Procedure being part of the POST body of the XML data source <soapenv:Envelope ...> <soapenv:Header> <ecas:ProxyTicket xmlns:ecas="https://ecas.ec.europa.eu/cas/schemas/ws">@service_ticket</ecas:ProxyTicket> </soapenv:Header> <soapenv:Body> ... </soapenv:Body> </soapenv:Envelope> ) The store procedure sends the certificate the the authentication Web Service, which in turn returns a ST that can be used to fetch data from my XML data Source (similar to Kerberos authentication) I'd like to be able to set the keystore location as a stored procedure input value and assign it in the WHERE condition of the derived JOIN view. Something like: WHERE keystore_location = ${keystore_path} Where keystore_path value is found in some env.property file (or, in some environment variable) I can do this in the custom stored procedure Java code, but then, it's not immediately obvious from a VDP developer perspective that some configuration is involved. So, I'd like to do this from VDP. Is there any solution for this?
user
02-07-2019 07:09:27 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, In order to get the keystore location as an input value, I would perform the following, * I would create a file which has all the keystore location and add it in a shared folder which can be accessed by all environment. * Then, In Virtual DataPort create a Delimited Data source and point to that file and create the base view. * Then perform a join between the delimited base view and the custom Stored procedure. Execute the view to get the expected results. In Denodo Platform, a VQL includes a properties file that contains all the information about the environment dependent properties. When you export VQL, a properties file will be generated. You can edit it based on the target environment and point to the keystore file. For more information, you can refer the following documents [Exporting Environment-Dependent and Independent Elements to Different Files](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/exporting_and_importing_the_server_metadata/exporting_and_importing_elements_across_different_environments/exporting_and_importing_elements_across_different_environments) and the [Delimited File](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/delimited_file_sources/delimited_file_sources) of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Besides that, if you are a valid support user, then I would suggest you to raise this as a Service Request in the Support Site and the Denodo support Team would be able to help you with this requirement. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
04-07-2019 08:07:28 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here