Import data to SSAS

Hi, I have installed the latest 32 bit ODBC driver for Denodo (psqlodbc_11_01_0000-x86.zip) and I'm trying to import the data through SSAS 2012. When I test the connection to Denodo VDB, it's successful, but when I try to import the data I have this error message : > ERROR [ ] ERROR: Syntax error: Exception parsing query near '[' java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error: Exception parsing query near '['; No query has been executed with that handle I used the same driver trough access (2007-2016) and it works. Can anyone help me go through this situation please Thank you
user
11-07-2019 11:25:59 -0400

2 Answers

Hi, I was able to connect to Denodo 7.0 platform from SSAS by using the ODBC drivers provided by Denodo. The driver mentioned in question does not seem to be the one that is provided by Denodo Platform, that is, from the default installation folder, which may be causing the issue. Denodo Virtual DataPort provides an ODBC driver that is part of the installation and can be found under: > <DENODO_HOME>\tools\client-drivers\odbc Choose the relevant ODBC driver according to your operating system. You can also refer to [DSN configuration for ODBC connections to VDP](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/DSN%20configuration%20for%20ODBC%20connections%20to%20VDP?category=Northbound+Connections) KB article for ODBC configuration details. If you are a user with support access and still consider that it is a potential problem in Denodo Platform, I would suggest you to raise a support case in the [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/) with detailed logs, execution trace or VQL if possible for analysis. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
12-07-2019 08:19:28 -0400
While configuring the ODBC driver, I needed to add > SET identifierdelimiter=brackets; in the Page 2 screen That did the trick. You can also add it to the connection string in SSAS Hope this will save someone else's time Regards
user
12-07-2019 12:22:27 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here