You can translate the question and the replies:

License for Active- Passive Cluster

Hi Team, Consider I have 20 crore Denodo license. When I am buliding a cluster environment with Active -passive. How the licence need to be distributed Active -1 m/c- 10 Crore license Passive -1 m/c- 10 Crore license or Active[1] -1 m/c- 20 Crore license Passive[2] -1 m/c- 0 Crore license when Passive becomes active, Passive[1] -1 m/c- 0 Crore license Active[2] -1 m/c- 20 Crore license Please let me know how the Denodo licencing will work for cluster (HA) environment
user
24-07-2019 08:04:58 -0400

3 Answers

Hello, If you want to configure an Active-Passive cluster in Production, the first thing you need is a license allowing you to install Hot Backup or Cold Backup server. If so, for instance, if you are running a Denodo Platform 7.0, I would configure in the Solution Manager a Production environment selecting the Production license scenario, then I would add a Production server and finally I would add and additional server aimed to be used as a Hot Backup server. Note that this backup server should be included within your Production environment and the "Hot Backup" license scenario should be selected instead of the "Production" one. I would also recommend that you take a look at this article: [How to configure a VDP Backup server in the Solution Manager](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/How%20to%20configure%20a%20VDP%20Backup%20server%20in%20the%20Solution%20Manager?category=Installation+%26+Updates) as it further explains how to configure a backup server in the Solution Manager. Besides this, if you own a Denodo support user I suggest you open a support case so the Support team will help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
30-07-2019 09:08:17 -0400
How about the Active -Active Cluster with 2 server for 20 Crore license
user
31-07-2019 03:22:36 -0400
Hello, For an Active-Active cluster, since all the servers will be active, you can only use Production servers. So in that case, I would configure in the Solution Manager a Production environment selecting the Production license scenario and then I would add all the Production servers (all running) you want but taking care of not exceeding the requirements granted by your contract/license. After this, I would configure the Load Balancer in order to manage the incoming requests between all the Production servers. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-08-2019 07:33:44 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here