You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo data catalog: query across mutliple views

How can I define in the Denodo Data catalog a VQL query (join) across multiple views?
user
02-08-2019 04:42:07 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I would create an association between the views in Virtual DataPort AdministrationTool and this would be helpful in querying multiple views in Data catalog. You could also refer to community question [here](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g000000XeLPAA0&title=Data+Catalog+multi+view) which answers the similar case. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-08-2019 08:44:25 -0400
Is it planned to allow more freely joins? I know there are generic tools like DBeaver or DBVisualizer that do this, but for end users it is not trivial to configure Denodo as a JDBC data source there and then start exploring a datasource and save queries. Furthermore defining and keeping the associations up to date seems a bit unfeasible in the long run, especially in early phase when we want to show the views that are available to users to have them experiment a bit and save and share queries.
user
02-08-2019 09:56:09 -0400
Hi, Denodo Data Catalog tool is designed to help non technical users explore the database elements based on their search criteria. Since association only allow left outer join between two views, in order to apply other joins over the views, I would prefer using Virtual DataPort Administration tool with the help of developers. Adding to that, instead of creating an association manually in Virtual DataPort Administration tool, I would import the foreign key relationships in the underlying data source as associations by using the Discover association feature. This will help me to retain associations in Virtual DataPort without any issues as long as the foreign key maintains referential integrity in the underlying data source. You could refer to [Creating Associations for JDBC Base Views Automatically](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/restful_architecture/associations/creating_an_association#creating-associations-for-jdbc-base-views-automatically) section of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more information. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
16-08-2019 08:43:00 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here