You can translate the question and the replies:

Updating Source Configuration settings

Hello, Can you please advise how I go about updating the settings in source configuration? I am trying to update our aggregate function list, scalar function list and analystic function list and Denodo does not seem to be saving my changes. How I am doing it now is by checking the box, adding in the function I want to add. Once I do that I uncheck the box and save. When I refresh the new function I added in is gone. If I am adding in new functions should I keep the checkbox always checked after I update the list accordingly? Please help as I am running a view and the function is not being pushed down or is not executable. Thanks
user
07-08-2019 08:19:23 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, In Virtual DataPort, to delegate function to source you should check the Delegate properties box in the ‘Source Configuration’ tab of the data source and add the function to the list. For example, I have oracle Data Source with a function called PREDICTION_COST, I would do the following steps, * Select the Data Source and click on Configuration > Source Configuration. * In Source Configuration, check the Delegate analytic function list and add the ‘PREDICTION_COST’ function in the list. * Now I can push down the query to Data source instead of performing the operation in the Virtual layer. Just keep in mind that when you uncheck the “Delegate properties ” box, you can only use the default functions list defined for that specific adapter and operation are performed in the Virtual Layer. For more information, you can refer to the [Analytic Functions](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/appendix/syntax_of_condition_functions/analytic_functions_window_functions) of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide and [Data Source Configuration Properties](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/data_source_configuration_properties/data_source_configuration_properties) of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
08-08-2019 04:11:02 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here