For your scenario, I would make sure that the following prerequisites steps are performed before starting the installation process:
1) Downloading Windows 32 bit/64 bit version of the Denodo Express installer from the below link based on my system configuration
* [Denodo Express Edition 6.0](https://community.denodo.com/express/download/6.0)
2) Secondly, setting up the JAVA_HOME variable in the Windows machine by following the steps mentioned in the below community question link:.
* [JAVA HOME CONFIG](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g0000000BJRAA2&title=java+error+on+Denodo+install)
3) Verify if the windows PATH environment variable includes JAVA_HOME path.
Good news is that 7.0 version of Denodo Express Edition is available for user experience. I would prefer trying out the steps mentioned above in Denodo 7.0. The below link has the Denodo Express Installer for 7.0 (Steps 2# and 3# remains the same for 7.0 as well).
* [Denodo Express Edition 7.0](https://community.denodo.com/express/download)
Hope this helps!