Issue with partially working denodo driver 7.0, pass-through SQL works fine, but accessing meta-data doesn't work

We are using the denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar to establish a connection between our BI-tool (Cognos) and DB2/Denodo With Cognos, we are on 11.0.13.1 (LTS Fix Pack 1) We did one earlier install of the JDBC Denodo driver, and this runs fine on one Cognos environment Now we have tot install this on the production environment, but we can't get it fully running **We experience the following symtoms on our production environment:** When we use a existing model (created on our 'older' but working environment) it runs fine, and the SQL is Passed Through the denodo driver, and the results are correctly sent back > So, the connections looks allright But when we try to change this model, or define a new one, we cannot access the metadata, this results in some errors. **Errors:** We get every time the following errors: * java.sql.SQLException: connection error: non-JRMP server at remote endpoint * Failure: jdbxSQLException I hope that someone recognizes this behaviour and can help us finding the answer Also i have a specific question about Java 1.8 **Java 1.8** One difference we see with the older installation, is that on this environment Java 1.8 is installed, and on the newer installations, this is missing. **Question:** What part does Java play in the using of the Denodo 7.0 Driver? Should there be certain part of Java installed on the server??

2 Answers

Hi Java 8 is a prerequisite for a fully functional Denodo JDBC driver 7.0.The Denodo JDBC driver 7.0 version is compiled under JRE 1.8. More details about Denodo JDBC driver is explained in the below link: * [Access through JDBC](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/developer/access_through_jdbc/access_through_jdbc) I would check if the JDBC driver used in the Cognos production environment is compatible with the update Virtual DataPort server currently is in. For example, to connect to a Virtual DataPort server version 7.0 update 20181011 from Cognos, you should use the JDBC driver included in the same update which you can find in the path <DENODO_HOME>/tools/client-drivers/jdbc/ or download it from this [link](https://community.denodo.com/drivers/jdbc/32) Also, make sure you do not use the JDBC driver included in 7.0 with <higher_update> to connect to a Virtual DataPort server version 7.0 with <lower_update> because the driver is more recent than the server. This is an unsupported configuration and this could cause some unexpected behavior. In any case, if you are a user with support access and still consider that it is a potential problem in Denodo Platform, I would suggest you to raise a support case in the [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/) with more detailed information for analysis Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
13-08-2019 08:58:48 -0400
Believe this was confirmed to be an issue with the Denodo JDBC trying to register a RMI connection factory. Can you provide the defect reference number.
user
09-11-2019 10:32:03 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here