You can translate the question and the replies:

While opening a denodo view, it says 'View not editable'

Hi Team, I have created a data model in denodo, by replacing the SQL table names with the corresponding Denodo base view names and executing the SQL in VQL shell. This SQL contains few set of joins, aggregations and group by clause. Execution went well and data model view is created successfully in denodo. I can execute and see the data of this view and it is matching with the DB results as well. Now the problem is, when I try to open the view using 'Edit' Button and see the relation between the tables, denodo is throwing an error as 'This view is not editable!'. What is the issue here, can anyone help me?
user
14-08-2019 04:50:18 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I have come across the same error when I tried to create the view using VQL shell with complex nested queries because VQL Shell is built as a lightweight execution environment to perform the basic operations. So, VQL shell can handle the direct query. In Virtual DataPort, if you create a view using a query then it will try to create the data model for each element in query and perform the operation. This could be better when you perform the simple operations but view created with nested queries will be unable to map the models to the nested queries. So, it will throw the “View not editable” error. To avoid that error, I would use the Graphical Interface in the Virtual DataPort to perform these operations. For more information, you can refer to the[ Creating Data Sources and Base Views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/creating_data_sources_and_base_views) section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
16-08-2019 08:21:14 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here