Connecting to Apache Phoenix tables from Denodo 7.0

We are using Generic adaptor to connect to Apache phoenix from windows based denodo 7 VDP. The server is Kerbeors and gives error Unable to establish connection: java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after attempts=36, exceptions: Tue Aug 27 12:55:56 CDT 2019, null, java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000, callDuration=68087: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine row 'SYSTEM:CATALOG,,' on table 'hbase:meta' at region=hbase:meta,,1.1588230740, hostname=<test>.com,16020,1565718340033, seqNum=0 The hbase-site.xml, core-site.xml were copied with required jars into lib-external/phoenix which is driver class path
user
27-08-2019 13:57:45 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, In general, the error message means that Virtual DataPort server is unable to make a connection to <test>.com,16020,1565718340033, seqNum=0. So, I would verify the steps below in order: 1. Try to verify the network level connectivity by using telnet command from the host where Denodo Platform is running. If its unsuccessful then need to address the system level issue for connectivity. 2. Ensure that the configuration files in Phoenix is set as per its release notes. For example, Phoenix 4.8 has configurations to remove local index implementation configuration from hbase-site.xml. 3. Lastly, try connecting to Apache Phoenix from third-party JDBC tools like SQuirreL SQL Client or DBeaver with driver configuration same as used in Virtual DataPort Administration tool. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
29-08-2019 04:59:51 -0400
Thanks The network connectivity is not issue as from same VDP administrator connection to hive server using kerberos user is working. There the adaptor is Denodo provided adaptor Hive 1.2.1. 2. With same jars and xml we are able to connect from our local machines to phoenix using Dbeaver and squirrel client 3. We use phoenix 4.7 and i dont see any other config changes required. 4. We have initiated a new headless keytab generation for the user we are trying to connect for the host. Will give a try after the keytab is placed in right location. Is there any knowledge base article on how to connect to phoenix using Denodo VDP and the performance of the views, that would help a lot for referrence. thanks
user
29-08-2019 08:17:05 -0400
Hi, Given that network connectivity is not an issue, I would then try to look for detailed logs to see if anything is available there. I would do this by setting a logger to log at TRACE level by executing the following command in the VQL Shell of the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool CALL LOGCONTROLLER('com.denodo','TRACE'). By default, the Virtual DataPort Server logs are stored in <DENODO_HOME>/logs/vdp. The knowledge base article [Using log controller and useful log categories](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Using%20logcontroller%20and%20useful%20log%20categories?category=Operation) explains in detail about the log controller and various available log categories. Regarding the knowledge base article, at this moment there is no specific documentation available for connecting to Apache Phoenix. If you are a user with support access and still consider that it is a potential problem in Denodo Platform, I would suggest you to raise a support case in the [Denodo Support Site](http://support.denodo.com). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
10-09-2019 08:07:02 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here