The Unrecognized SSL error message occurs for a couple of reasons
* You are not using the incorrect port number.
* You are trying to connect to Solution Manager using an SSL connection, but Solution Manager is not well configured. So, it is working as a non-SSl end-point.
For the above reason, I would do the following checks
* Ensure that the port number using the SSL connection is correct. By default “9443” is port number for SSL connection.
* Ensure the SSL connector is uncommented in the “server.xml” located in the <SOLUTION_MANAGER_HOME>/resources/apache-tomcat/conf/server.xml.
* Make sure that all the steps mentioned in the [Enabling SSL/TLS in Solution Manager Servers](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/solution_manager/installation/postinstallation_tasks/enable_ssl_connections_in_the_solution_manager_servers/enabling_ssl_in_solution_manager_servers) section of the Solution Manager Installation Guide are followed correctly.
Please note that, in Linux processes that are not started by the root user cannot listen on ports under 1024. However, it is possible, using iptables to redirect the data to port 443 to the port 9443.
Hope this helps!