You can translate the question and the replies:

row_number() on flat file data source?

I have a flat file data source. I'd LOVE to use row_number() OVER ( PARTITION BY id ORDER BY id ASC ) against my flat file data source. But when I do, I get this: Finished with error: Error executing view: Function row_number is not executable I saw another post stating that analytic functions are delegated to the source, but what if the source is a flat file? Is it on the roadmap to be able to perform analytic functions (like row_number() over ()) against flat file sources?
User
10-09-2019 16:46:52 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, The list of functions that are delegated to a source depends on the datasource itself. Virtual DataPort populates the possible analytical, scalar and aggregate functions depends on the database adapter selected. You can check the list of functions that are delegated to a datasource by referring the ‘Source Configuration’ tab of the datasource. Since your source is a delimited file the source cannot perform rownumber() function. Thus, it can be concluded that Virtual DataPort can delegate analytical functions to a database, but cannot execute them. Therefore, if a query uses one of these functions and it cannot be delegated to a database, the query will fail. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
27-09-2019 20:47:30 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here