You can translate the question and the replies:

Solution Manager External mysql Database configuration

Hi Team, I am trying to configure the external database for solution manager. My db is aws aurora. I am getting the below error Database validation error: Unable to establish connection. Access denied for user 'theusr'@'22.55.66.123' (using password: YES) I am using the jar mysql-connector-java-8.0.17.jar Driver class :com.mysql.jdbc.Driver Url jdbc:mysql:/abc.aws.com:3306/dbaura?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8 User:theusr Passwd:***** While saving I am getting the database validation error attaching my solution server ip like this 'theusrr'@'22.55.66.123' Please let me know what i have do
user
12-09-2019 10:00:11 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, The error "Database validation error: Unable to establish connection. Access denied for user ‘theusr’@’22.55.66.123’ (using password: YES)" seems to be related to MySQL. So, I would ensure to check the following which could trigger this error while establishing the connection: * Check if you are trying to connect to the correct host. 'localhost' or 'be sure to specify host and port if it’s not localhost' * Check if the user exist and check whether the correct password is being used. * You can check to see which host user/host MySQL allows connections with the following query * mysql> SELECT Host, User FROM mysql.user WHERE User='nonexistant'; * Check to see if special characters in the password being converted by Bash. If yes, then prevent bash from interpreting special characters by wrapping password in single quotes * Check to see if SSL is enabled and required by the Aurora, then check Virtual DataPort for SSL too. If the issue still persists, and you have an active support account, you could open a [support ticket](https://support.denodo.com/). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
13-09-2019 07:27:58 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here