You can translate the question and the replies:

Assign restrictions without execute rights

Hello, I have multiple interface views in my report layer with customer sales and sales figures. I used the 'Assign Restrictions' function in a shared base view, so for example German users could only see sales data from Germany. Which also worked very well. However, I also have to grant this user Execute rights to the Base View, which I don't want. They should only be allowed to execute the interface views. Is there a way to avoid this without having to use the Assign Restrictions function on every Interface View? Thanks in advance
user
18-09-2019 04:06:27 -0400
code

5 Answers

Hi, In the Denodo Virtual DataPort, I created an Interface view on top of a base view and then applied “Assign Restrictions” for the Interface view (without having to provide ‘Execute’ access to the base view) for a particular user. Upon performing the same, I was successfully able to execute the interface view and retrieve the results without any issues. Hope this helps!!
Denodo Team
19-09-2019 08:58:11 -0400
code
Thank you very much for your answer. If I understand that correctly, you have now set the user restrictions in the Interface View. Which would mean that I would have to do the same for each interface view. Instead, I'd like to do the restrictions in the Base View already without the restricted user seeing the Base View later. This would save me a lot of time and would be easier to manage. Would that be possible? Thanks in advance!
user
19-09-2019 09:19:49 -0400
Hi, With the administrator privileges, I was able to provide access to multiple interface views for a specific user(instead of doing it one by one) by following the below steps: * I grouped all interfaces into a separate folder under the virtual database. * Under User Management Menu, I provided the necessary privilege for all interfaces inside the folder by right-clicking on the folder name and clicking “Select on all folder Elements” to apply the respective privilege for all interface views at the same time for a specific user. Hope this helps!!
Denodo Team
26-09-2019 05:05:16 -0400
code
could anyone help me with the vql scrpit to modify the assign restriction condition for the roles on interface views.
user
28-02-2021 21:17:02 -0500
Hi, To modify the assign restriction for a view, I would use the GRANT EXECUTE command with the appropriate parameters at the database level. For example, I was able to set a restriction on the view V1 (residing in test database) to select data from the view that matches a specific condition(emp=10) by using the following command: `GRANT EXECUTE WHEN() THEN 'emp = 10' ON testing.v1;` You could refer to the section [Modifying the Privileges of a User](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/vql/creating_databases_users_roles_and_access_privileges/managing_users/modifying_the_privileges_of_a_user) of Virtual DataPort VQL guide for more information. You could also refer [here](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/administration_of_databases_users_roles_and_their_access_rights/modifying_and_deleting_users#modifying-the-privileges-of-a-user) to know how apply restrictions on users/roles in the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide Hope this helps!!
Denodo Team
09-03-2021 06:42:37 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here