You can translate the question and the replies:

[Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 16.20.00.12] [Error 3706] [SQLState 42000]

I am trying to create a Denodo base view from an already developed Teradata view used in Tableau TDE. THe same query executed fine in Teradata, but give the below error while I try to create a base view from query n Denodo. com.denodo.util.exceptions.InternalErrorException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 16.20.00.12] [Error 3706] [SQLState 42000] Syntax error: expected something between ',' and ';'.
user
22-10-2019 08:08:46 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I was able to create the base view for the Teradata View by using the Create Selected option (Graphical Introspection) itself. On Create from Query option, the Syntax error could occur when you are passing the invalid syntax to the Teradata data source. For example, I have connected the Virtual DataPort with the Teradata and tried to create a base view by using the create from the query option. When I try to execute a similar query as below, > Select <field1>,<field2> from <teradata_view_name> , ; In this, I have incorrectly added the **,** in the query, it has thrown a similar error. To analyze, I would check the [Execution Trace](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_derived_views/querying_views/execution_trace_of_a_statement) , get the delegated SQL query and try to execute the same query in Teradata. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
23-10-2019 08:36:26 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here