You can translate the question and the replies:

how to use excel microsoft query to do some aggregation function on one denodo views?

I have configured 32-bit ODBC, and let my excel connect denodo views. I can pull the data from denodo to excel in detail level, how do I use microsoft query to do some aggregation caculation on some view. For example, denodo view_a (contain column month, cost), I want to do this: select month, sum(cost) group by month how to implement it through microsoft query?
user
22-10-2019 11:47:31 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I was able to use the group by clause using the Microsoft query. You can do it by opening the SQL view window. You can click on the SQL button on the top task bar and write down the group by query that is `select month, sum(cost) group by month` Once done click on ok. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-10-2019 22:01:45 -0400
are you sure your query can wirk? it even has no "from".
user
 Edited on: 08-09-2020 01:28:06 -0400
Hi, The query with the correct SQL syntax will work in the SQL view window. You will have to correct the syntax of the query in microsoft query. The query `select month, sum(cost) group by month from <denodo_view>` should work in the microsoft query, if you have it connected correctly. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-11-2019 13:10:19 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here