You can translate the question and the replies:

Configuring internal database leads to login error

When I try to configure the internal database for Denodo in the Data Catalog, every time I restart the Data Catalog there is a login error that comes up saying " unknown column 'search_description' in 'field_list' ". I am using mysql5, have put the jdbc driver in the data-catalog-extensions folder, and my server is running. Any help why this is happening would be great.
user
23-10-2019 15:44:02 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, When configuring external database for Data Catalog, I would make sure to use the supported versions as mentioned in the [Configure the Internal Database Used by the Data Catalog](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/data_catalog/administration/servers_configuration/servers_configuration#configure-the-internal-database-used-by-the-data-catalog) documentation. For instance, I was able to configure MySQL 5.7 as the external Database for Data Catalog without any errors as it is is officially supported by Denodo Platform. Also, in case I use any higher versions of MySQL or if I face any errors related to the required tables or columns, I would re-execute the *ALTER* statements present in the *datacatalog.mysql* script found in the ''<DENODO_HOME>\resources\apache-tomcat\webapps\denodo-data-catalog\WEB-INF\classes" folder with the user having the necessary privileges. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-10-2019 08:27:17 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here