You can translate the question and the replies:

ODBC Connection to EXCEL 16

I am having problem in which passwords are being required when refreshing existing data. If incorect information is provided the source will no longer work? I also notice the connection in 16 is different from 13? Please advise on the correct way to bring Denodo data to Excel.
User
05-04-2019 13:04:25 -0400

3 Answers

Hello, In order to extract the data from Denodo Virtual DataPort in Excel, I would recommend you to follow the below steps: * Create an ODBC Data Source Name with the Denodo ODBC drivers available in <Denodo_Home>\tools\client-drivers\odbc and configure with the Virtual DataPort credentials. Refer to the section [**DSN configuration for ODBC connections to VDP**](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/DSN%20configuration%20for%20ODBC%20connections%20to%20VDP?category=Northbound+Connections) in the Northbound Connections of the Knowledge Base. (**Note**: if the Excel is 32-bit, Create DSN with 32-bit ODBC driver. If the Excel is 64-bit, Create DSN with 64-bit ODBC driver). * In Excel, click on **Data** tab, navigate to **Get Data** > **From Other Sources** > **From Data Connection Wizard** * In **From ODBC** dialog, Select the DSN created. * Select the tables to introspect the data in Excel. You can also refresh the source data by clicking the **Refresh All** icon under the Data tab. Refer to [**Connect to ODBC source**](https://support.office.com/en-us/article/connect-to-an-odbc-source-49b0cf4d-ef78-4ad1-b224-39091c067953#ID0EAACAAA=Newer_versions) in the Microsoft Office support site for more details. Hope this Helps!
Denodo Team
08-04-2019 08:24:53 -0400
What if I have parameters in view? How to set?
user
21-04-2020 21:59:43 -0400
Hi, If you like to query the denodo view from Excel with parameter, then you can modify the query to use parameter by defining filters using the **Advance Editor** tab in Excel, where you can add the filter like below: > let > . > . > . > . > > #"FilteredRows" = Table.SelectRows(<ViewName>, each [field_name] = value) > in > > #"FilteredRows" Once the filter variable is added, you would be able to query the Denodo view along with the filter condition. If you still need help and if you are a valid Support User, you may open a Support Case at the Denodo Support Site and the Support Team will help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
27-04-2020 09:05:51 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here