You can translate the question and the replies:

Power Query doing a different join than set in Denodo

Hi - I have a view containing 2 tables being right-joined in Denodo but in Excel, it is automatically doing an inner-join. Besides importing the data, is there any other way around this? I am currently connected to Excel through an ODBC. *edit - I was able to bring the 2 views into excel and join from there, but is there any reason why Excel is doing an inner join instead of what was set in Denodo and how we can change that?
user
18-12-2018 08:27:31 -0500

2 Answers

Hello, I successfully created a derived view right joining two tables from SQL Server and MySQL on Denodo Virtual DataPort. I connected the Denodo through ODBC on Excel and loaded the derived view created to Excel The Result produced was right joined i.e, all data from one table and matched data from another, Infact, the query that was sent to Denodo Virtual DataPort was a select of “Derived view”, Excel did not generate any join queries to Denodo. But, if you are facing something similar [AFX_ODBC_CALL(::SQLColumns(...)) + Denodo ODBC Driver = Exception](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=90670000000XcigAAC&title=AFX_ODBC_CALL%28%3A%3ASQLColumns%28...%29%29+%2B+Denodo+ODBC+Driver+%3D+Exception ) I would use the full VQL query like “select field1,Field2 from <denodo_view>” on the Power Query window rather than using graphical method. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
19-12-2018 07:10:56 -0500
Thank you for your answer. I found that if there are no parameters involved or the parameters are set, then the query returned is right-joined. However, when I try to pass back parameters from Excel, then the query is inner-joined. Is this possibly due to query folding?
user
19-12-2018 09:11:32 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here