You can translate the question and the replies:

Filtering with a nested array as input

Hi Team, I have hosted a web service in denodo which is executed from Postman. In the denodo service there is a nested array(example: Employee is the array with name as one field). when i execute the business view with ("Employee").name='Hari' , getting the desired output. How do i pass this ("Employee").name as a query string parameter from Postman. whatever i pass in postman, getting the output as 'The field '(Employee).expertise' does not exist.'. Can anyone help me to query this from postman. Thanks, Hari
user
28-12-2018 01:54:39 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, In order to filter based on a field in REST web services, you can use the **$filter** parameter. In your case, as name is a field present inside the Employee register, you can refer the field as, $filter=(Employee).name=<employee-name> For more information on Web Services, check the guide “[**RESTful Web Service**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/restful_architecture/restful_web_service/restful_web_service)”. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
28-12-2018 07:58:05 -0500
HI Denodo Team, I have tried with the filter option $filter=(Employee).name=<employee-name>. But it is not working. Got an error: The field 'Employee' does not exist. i guess since Employee is a nested array and name is text field. Any other way to resolve this. Thanks, Hari
user
30-12-2018 23:18:03 -0500
Hi, Using the **$filter** format (mentioned in previous answer), I got the results from the published web service. In your case, it may be possible that there may be some changes in the view or in field names. Due to this, the web service may not be able to find the field unless the web service is redeployed. Hence, you can redeploy the web service and check with the **$filter** parameter to retrieve results from the web service . Check the guide “[Web Service Container Status Table](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/publication_of_web_services/web_service_container_status_table/web_service_container_status_table#web-service-container-status-table)” for more details on deploying web services. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
07-01-2019 08:04:31 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here