You can translate the question and the replies:

Join attributes of different (compatible) types across different data sources

Hallo Denodo Team, Suppose you need to join tables from different data sources (say Oracle and Teradata). Suppose the matching should happen between attributes that have different data types (say VARCHAR(N) on one side, NVARCHAR(m) on the other side, or in the worst case NUMBER(N) on one side, CHAR(M) on the other). Suppose the values contained in that attribute provide a "meaningful match" (like 123 and "123"). Would such join be successful, or would the difference in data type be fatal? Should I apply conversion functions in the where condition? How badly would this affect performance? Thank you in advance Alberto
user
04-01-2019 06:09:56 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I performed a join operation between two views, created using different data sources. I have joined based on fields with different types. The join had executed successfully by matching the values of the two fields. As you mentioned, as long as there is a meaningful match, the join will be successful and no conversion functions would be required. Also, the performance of the query will not be affected. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
07-01-2019 07:40:30 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here